Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 11 mins
Chew's Cage-Free Eggs x 4
Grated cheese (Gruyere, Swiss or Parmigiano Reggiano), 50g
Sliced brioche or wholemeal toast x 4
Sea salt + black pepper, to taste
Sliced or smashed avocado
Baby spinach leaves
Finely sliced chives or spring onions
1. Preheat oven to 230°C.
2. Separate egg whites and yolks.
3. Beat egg whites in a clean, large mixing bowl with an electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold grated cheese into fluffy egg whites.
5. Grease or line a baking pan, and mound egg white mixture into four "nests", using the back of a spoon to make indents in the centres.
6. Bake on middle shelf for 6-8 minutes until set and turning light golden-brown.
7. Retrieve pan and carefully tip yolks into "nests", and return to oven for 3 minutes till yolks just set.
8. Serve on bread, with accompaniments of choice