Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Chew's Cage-Free Eggs, 5
Smoked salmon, 200g
Vegetables – chopped baby spinach or baby peas, 1 cup
Gruyere cheese, shredded, 3/4 cup
Frozen shortcrust pastry, 2 sheets
Cream, 1 1/2 cups
Sea salt, 1/4 tsp
Black pepper, 1/4 tsp
Fresh dill, chopped, 2 tbsp
For Garnishing (optional)
Small chunks of smoked salmon
1. First bake the pastry in a 9" pie dish as per packet instructions. Once cooked, leave to cool.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
3. Whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl. Once well mixed, fold in the vegetables and shredded gruyere.
4. Scatter 2/3 of the salmon on the base of the cooked quiche pastry. Fold and twist the salmon pieces instead of laying flat.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the salmon to the brim. Top with remaining salmon.
6. Bake for 40 minutes till the top is golden and the centre if firm but slightly jiggly.
7. Leave to rest for 10 minutes, before garnishing and serving.