Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Chew's Cage-Free Eggs x 3, beaten
Fresh corn kernels, 1 1/2 cups
Chicken stock, 5 cups
Turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp
Sesame oil, 1/2 tsp
1 scallion, chopped
Salt + white pepper, to taste
A slurry mix of corn starch (1/4 cup) and chicken stock (1/2 cup)
1. Mince ½ cup of the corn kernels and set aside.
2. Add the chicken stock, minced and whole corn kernels, and turmeric powder to a pot and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Season the soup with sesame oil, salt and pepper. Be sure to taste as you go along.
5. Mix in the corn starch and chicken stock slurry with a whisk a little at a time. Watch as the soup thickens and stop adding the slurry once it reaches your desired consistency.
6. With your whisk, gently stir the soup in one direction and slowly drizzle the beaten eggs in the soup.
7. Once you have plenty of ribbons of egg, stir half the scallions, taste and season again.
8. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh scallions and a drizzle of sesame oil