Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Chew's Cage-Free Eggs x 6
All-purpose flour, 1 cup
Cornflakes, 1 cup, finely crushed
Cumberland or British Breakfast sausage meat (any casings removed), ¾ cup
Olive oil, for frying
Salt + freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Place 4 eggs in a small saucepan and add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and leave for 3 minutes. Carefully drain pan, and fill with iced water to cool eggs
2. Gently crack eggshells and peel in cold water. Place eggs in a bowl of cold water; cover and leave chilled.
3. Place flour and cornflakes in a wide shallow bowl, each. Divide sausage meat into 4 equal portions.
4. Pat 1 portion of sausage meat into a thin patty over the length of your palm. Lay 1 soft-boiled egg on top of sausage meat and wrap meat around to completely enclose egg. Repeat with remaining sausage meat and cooked eggs.
5. Whisk remaining 2 eggs in a medium bowl.
6. Working gently with each sausage-wrapped egg at a time, dip into flour, shake off excess, then coat in the egg wash. Roll gently in cornflakes to coat.
7. Attach a deep-fry thermometer to side of a large pot, and pour in oil to a depth of around 5cm. Heat over medium heat to 190-200 degrees Celsius.
8. Fry eggs for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally and maintaining oil temperate of around 170-180 degrees Celsius, until sausage is cooked through and breading is golden-brown and crisp.
9. Use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs to paper towels to absorb excess oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper, and serve warm with mustard.